Faculty within the School of Biological Sciences & UCI School of Medicine:
- Karina S. Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org, Neurobiology & Behavior
Our lab studies molecular and cellular mechanisms needed for assembly of neural circuits. We are currently focused on axon guidance mechanisms and on the roles of glial cells.
- J.J. Emerson, email@example.com, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Population genetics and molecular evolution of genome structure
- Grace Yuh Chwen Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
I study how the widespread genomic parasite, transposable element, influences health and the myriad diversity of life, by combining population genomics, epigenomics, and computational biology
- Anthony D. Long, email@example.com, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Population genetics, the genetics of complex traits, the genetics of adaptation, and bioinformatics
- Jennifer Martiny, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
We study the evolutionary and ecological mechanisms that generate and maintain microbial diversity and how this variation affects functioning of microbial communities (microbiomes).
- Jose Ranz, email@example.com, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Insect functional and comparative genomics, evolution of the expression network, speciation
- Kevin Thornton, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Computational methods in population genetics.
- Momoko Watanabe, email@example.com, Anatomy & Neurobiology
We use brain organoids derived from hPSCs to study human neural development and disease using molecular, cellular, and bioinformatic approaches
- Marcelo A. Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org, Neurobiology & Behavior
Research in the Wood lab is focused on understanding the epigenetic mechanisms underlying long-lasting forms of synaptic plasticity and memory in the adult and aging brain, as well as maladaptive memory processes underlying addiction.